The history of Winkhaus
Winkhaus is one of many companies to benefit from the economic boom in Germany. As early as 1960, Hans Winkhaus commissions the building of a modern production facility covering an area of 20,000 m2 at Herbern in order to be able to respond to rapidly increasing demand. However, demand continues to outstrip supply and a new assembly facility is therefore opened at Albersloh.
Winkhaus opens another facility at Herbern. The modern production site covering an area of 20,000 m2 is to enable the company to respond to rapidly increasing demand. In Telgte and Münster, all divisions are working at maximum capacity.
Despite the new factory, demand continues to outstrip supply. Winkhaus therefore converts former licensed premises at Albersloh into an assembly facility.
Winkhaus ceases production of butt hinges, hinge plates and corners, which had been amongst the mainstays of the company’s product range for 60 years.
At the Cologne Furniture Fair, the company presents the new tilt and turn 400, with the entire mechanism being controlled via a single lever.
Approximately 90 tons of finished goods leave the production site in Telgte every week on HGVs. About half of these are destined for the international ports at Bremen and Hamburg, from where they are shipped to destinations all over the world.
Winkhaus founds its first company outside Germany: Winkhaus Austria.
The slogan “Winkhaus sorgt für Sicherheit“ (“You're safe with Winkhaus") is introduced, accompanied by a high-profile advertising campaign.
Winkhaus UK Ltd.
2950 Kettering Parkway
Kettering-NN15 6XZ Northants
|T||+ 44 1536 / 316 - 000|
|F||+ 44 1536 / 416 - 516|